Community-based rangers – an effective approach to tackling IWT?
Our webinar showcased examples of community-based rangers in anti-poaching initiatives and discussed successes and challenges of this approach to tackling illegal wildlife trade.
People not Poaching case study examples of community-based rangers, including:
- Community-led patrols to protect forests in Cambodia
- All-women canine handler units in Zambia
- Community rangers working in partnership with formal law enforcement agencies in Indonesia
- Poachers to rangers in Zimbabwe
- Female forest rangers in Indonesia
Panel discussion on challenges and opportunities to supporting community-based rangers. This section will include representatives from Tusk Trust, WWF and Save the Rhino Trust Namibia
Question-and-answer session with participants.